Prof. Dr. Lingfeng Lü
Internationales Kolleg für Geisteswissenschaftliche Forschung "Schicksal, Freiheit und Prognose. Bewältigungsstrategien in Ostasien und Europa"
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telefon: +49 9131 85 64322
Home Institution: Department of History of Science and Scientific Archaeology, Univ. of Science and Technology of China
IKGF Visiting Fellow January 2015 - June 2015
IKGF Research Project
Lingfeng Lu is an associate professor at the Department of the History of Science and Scientific Archaeology, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC). He received his Ph.D. in the history of science from USTC in 2002. From December 2004 to November 2006, he was Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg. In 2008, he was Andrew Mellon Research Fellow at the Needham Research Institute, Cambridge, and in 2013 was a visiting professor at The Cluster of Excellence "Asia and Europe in a Global Context: The Dynamics of Transculturality" at Heidelberg University. Broadly speaking, his research interest lies in the history of knowledge exchange between China and the west. In recent years, he has focused on European astronomy in China.
|Institution and Location||Degree||Year(s)||Feld of Study|
|University of Science and Technology of China||PH.D.||2002||History of Science|
Positions and Honours
|2002-2004||Assistant Professor, University of Science and Technology of China|
|2004-2006||Humboldt Research Fellowship, Erlangen University|
|Since 2008||Full Professor in Subject History of Science, University of Science and Technology of China|
Honors, Awards and Scholarships
|2007||Visiting Fellow, Needham Research Institute, Cambridge|
|2012-2013||Visiting Fellow, Heidelberg University|
- Lingfeng Lu, Science in Ming China, Nanjing Press, 2014.
- Lingfeng Lu, Ritual and Science: Solar Eclipse in Society of Qing China, Anhui Education Press, forthcoming in 2015.
- The Imperial Court and Beyond: Western Astronomy in Late Imperial China (forthcoming, to be published in 2016, Daxiang Press in China)
- Collected Works of Wang Xing-gong, Anhui Education Press, 2013.
- Chinese Classic Books of Science and Technology collected Overseas (astronomy), Press of University of Science and Technology of China. 2010. Editor: SHI Yunli.
- Astrological Interpretation of Halleys Comet in the time of the 1911 Revolution of China, The Journal of History of Astronomy and Astronomical Heritage(forthcoming, invited by the chief editor of the journal).
- Astrological Interpretation and Scientific Observation of 1881 Comet In China, in preparation for Journal of Chinese Science and Technology (zhongguo kejishi zazhi, Beijing)
- LU Lingfeng and LI Huifang, "Chinese Records of the 1874 Transit of Venus", Journal of Astronomical History and Heritage, 2013(01).
- LU Lingfeng and Wang Songpu, "Chinese Scholars’ Studies about Philosophical Thought of Mach in the Republic China Period", Science and Culture Review, 2013(03).
- "Attitudes to the Gregorian Calendar of the Late Qing Intellectuals Who Had Overseas Experiences", Science and Culture Review, 2012(01) .
- LI Liang, LU Lingfeng, SHI Yunli. "On the Compilation and Application of theDatong Li as seen from its Eclipse CalculationMethods", The Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology.2010(04).
- LU Lingfeng. "Eclipses and the Victory of European Astronomy in China", East Asian Science, Technology and Medicine, 2008, Issue 27.
- SHI Yunli and LU Lingfeng. "The Development of Astronomical Thought in China in the17th and 18th Centuries", The Chinese Journal for Science, Technology and Dialetics. 2005(1).
- The Imperial and Beyond : the Changing Role of Western astronomy in Late Imperial China, plenary(keynote) lecture at 14th International Conference on History of Science of Easten Asia, Paris, 05-10,July 2015.