Prof. Dr. Fan Li
Internationales Kolleg für Geisteswissenschaftliche Forschung "Schicksal, Freiheit und Prognose. Bewältigungsstrategien in Ostasien und Europa"
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telefon: +49 9131 85 20618
Chinese personal name: 李 帆
Home Institution: School of History, Beijing Normal University (China)
IKGF Visiting Fellow June - Sept. 2011
(Last change of profile by end of stay.)
IKGF Research Project:
Li Fan was born in September 1961 in Fushun, Liaoning Province. He completed his Bachelor′s and Master′s Degrees in History in 1983 and 1986, respectively, at the Jilin-University. In 1999, he finished his Ph.D. in History at Beijing University. Between July 1999 and June 2001, he conducted postdoctoral research at the postdoctoral centre of the Department of History at the Beijing Normal University, in which department he is now a professor, Ph.D. supervisor, vice director of the department and dean of the teaching-research section of Modern Chinese History. Besides, he holds some concurrent posts, such as vice director of the academic committee of the Department of History, vice chair of the academic degree evaluation committee of the Department of History, and associate editor of "History Studies". He won "New Century Talent", a prize awarded by the Chinese Ministry of Education. He also lectured in the Department of Chinese Studies at the University of Erlangen-Nuremburg and at the University of Heidelberg. Furthermore, he has participated and delivered presentations at several academic conferences, both at home and abroad.
In recent years, he has taken on a series of research projects, such as directing the national project for the modification of the history of the Qing-dynasty, "Biography, classified Biography and Science", and taking part in the significant programme of human and social sciences of the Chinese Ministry of Education "Research on Neo-Confucianism in the Qing-Dynasty", etc. Besides a number of academic publications, he has published over a hundred papers in academic journals, such as "History Studies", "Modern History Studies", "Study on the Theory of History", "Study on the History of the Chinese Communist Party", "Monthly Journal of History Studies", "Collected Papers of History Studies", "Journal of the Peking-University", "Documents", "Journal of Mainland China" (Taiwan), and "Monthly Journal of Chinese Culture" (Taiwan). In addition, he has received many awards due to his achievements in the fields of education and research.
以《严复日记》、《吴虞日 记》、《吴宓日记》等日记史料中的占卜记载为切入点，探讨清末民国之时两代中国知识分子的命运观。这些知识分 子是所谓反封建的领袖或留学生的代表，具有西方背 景，思想上认同西方，但他们在生活实践中的态度却与之相反，特别在人生 的某些时刻，需要借助占卜等手段度过，中国自古以来的命运观在此起了关键作用。也就是说，他们的思想和他们的生活实践、生活态度之间是断裂的，自古传承的命运观已经 成为贯穿他们生活实践的习惯，而他们对西方思想的接近则成为一 种下意识的努力。从中西思想交汇和命运观、能动性的角度考察，这样的断裂非常具有学术探究价值。所以，本 研究计划以此为重点，展开深入细致的分析和探索，以求得出若干有意义的结论，从而对国际人文研究中心的总体项目有所贡献。
- 《刘师培与中西学术：以其中西交融之学和学 术史研究为核心》(Chinese, “Liu Shipei and the Chinese and Western Sciences: Regarding his Theory of the conjuncture between China and Western and his Research on the History of Science as the core of the matter”), Press of Beijing Normal University 北京师范大学出版社, 2003.
- 《中国学术：古典与现代之间——以近代学术 史和刘师培研究为中心》(Chinese, “Chinese Science: Between Classic and Modern – Regarding the History of the Modern Science and Liu Shipei’s Research as the core of the matter”), Korean Xinxing 韩国新星出版社, 2004
- 《章太炎、刘师培、梁启超清学史著述之研 究》(Chinese, “Research on the Writings of Zhang Taiyan, Liu Shipei and Liang Qichao on the History of Qing-Dynasty Studies”), Shangwu Publishing House 商务印书馆, 2006.
- 《清代理学史》 (Chinese, “History of the Research on Neo-Confucianism in the Qing-Dynasty” (Volume II, 中卷), Guangdong Education Publishing House 广东教育出版社, 2007
- 《古 今中西交汇处的近代学术》 “Modern Science as the Convergence of Classic and Modern, China and West”, Press of Beijing Normal University 北京师范大学出版社, 2010