Dr. Luo Ying
Internationales Kolleg für Geisteswissenschaftliche Forschung "Schicksal, Freiheit und Prognose. Bewältigungsstrategien in Ostasien und Europa"
- E-Mail: Luo.Ying@ikgf.uni-erlangen.de
- Telefon: +49 9131 85 20618
Lecturer, National Research Center of Overseas Sinology, Beijing Foreign Studies University
Chinese personal name: 罗莹
Home Institution: National Research Centre of Overseas Sinology, Beijing Foreign Studies University (China)
IKGF Visiting Fellow June 2013 - August 2013
(Last change of profile by end of stay)
IKGF Research Project:
Intercultural Translation of Confucian Concepts relating to "Fate": with examples from the Latin translation of Zhongyong embodied in Confucius Sinarum Philosophus and Sinensis Imperii Libri Classici Sex
Ying LUO is currently lecturer at the National Research Centre of Overseas Sinology of the Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU). She has studied in Italy under a scholarship, and visited Taiwan, Germany and Hong Kong as a short-term academic visitor. In 2011, she obtained her Ph.D from the Beijing Foreign Studies University with a thesis entitled "Studies on the Latin Translation of Confucian Concepts with examples from Confucius Sinarum Philosophus (1687, Paris)". Since 2010, she has published various articles on different translation editions of Confucian works in Europe from the 17th to 19th centuries and, since 2012, has been the project director of two research projects: "Studies on the different Translation Versions of the Four Books in Europe from the 16th to 18th Century" sponsored by the Chinese Ministry of Education and "Studies on the Manuscript of Zhongyong's Latin Translation from 1592" sponsored by Research Centre for Asian Studies at Beijing Foreign Studies University.
Books and Editions
- Edition: The Early Encounter between East Asia and the European Cultures. Shanghai: East China Normal University Publishing House, 2012.
- Publication of Book: Studies on the Latin Translation of Confucian Concepts with examples from Confucius Sinarum Philosophus
- LUO, Ying: "The Jesuits' introduction of Confucian thought to the West in the 17th century", in International Sinology, Vol.23, 2012, pp.541-556.
- LUO, Ying: "The translation and interpretation of Confucian concepts by the Jesuits in the 17th Century with the translation of Coelum as example", in Academic Studies, Vol.11, 2012, pp.26-31.
- LUO, Ying: "The Major Translation Editions of Zhongyong in Europe during the 17th and 18th Centuries", in Revista do Instituto Politécnico de Macau, Vol.4, 2012, pp.80-88.
- LUO, Ying: "The Translations and Publication the Four Books in Europe during the 17th & 18th Century", in Chinese Translation, Vol.3, 2012, pp.34-41.
- LUO, Ying: "The Forming Process of Confucius Sinarum Philosophus", in Journal of Beijing Administrative College, Vol.1, 2012, pp.123-128.
- LUO, Ying: "The Latin Translation of Zhongyong by Prospero Intorcetta S.J.", in International Sinology, Vol.20, 2010, pp.149-155.
- LUO, Ying: "Studies on the intercultural translation of Confucian Concepts in the 17th Century ", in Macau Its Status and Function in the Catholic Church's March to the East, Macao: Macao Polytechnic Institute, 2010, pp.354-368.
- LUO, Ying: "When Dao is said, it's not the same Dao anymore': Early Confucian Concepts and Their Translation in Europe", in Soochow Academic, Vol.2, 2010, pp.135-139.
- LUO, Ying: ",The Italian Jesuit Propero Intorcetta and His Translating Activity of Confucian Works in China", in Research of Western Learning in China, Vol.3, 2010, pp.306-331.